You know your parrot owns you when …
- You got rid of the gorgeous, expensive non-stick pans you got as housewarming gifts
- You stop watching TV after sundown because the bird needs to sleep
- Every pet store employee in the tri-state area knows you by name.
- You have special shirts you wear for the express purpose of getting bird poop on them
- You notice you have bird poop on your clothes after you leave the house… and you don’t care
- Your bird toy budget is your second biggest monthly expense… after the mortgage
- You make special trips to the expensive grocery store to buy organic vegetables… and they’re not for you
- You only want to travel to places within driving distance and you won’t go if the Airbnb won’t let you bring your birds
- You ask your neighbors to bring you their leftover newspapers, egg cartons, plastic take-out containers, and unused chopsticks “for making bird toys” … and they don’t bat an eye.
Do you have a 10th sign that you are, in fact, the crazy bird person on the block? Share what made you realize that your parrot owns you in the comments.