I thought I’d compile another list of things my conure likes. Mind you, this is only Stewie-approved stuff… it doesn’t include things I think he ought to like, things I’ve purchased for him and he’s not interested in, or things I just think you ought to have in case of birdie emergencies.
The list may expand in the future, but without further ado, in no particular order, stuff my conure really digs:
- Fleece Cozy Corner Blanket – He has one in his regular cage and one in his travel cage. He finds it comfy and comforting.
- Sisal or Rope Boing
- Sunny Orchard Nutri-Berries – Any flavor, really.
- Harrison’s Pepper Lifetime Coarse – For conures, the smaller size is recommended but Stewie prefers the coarse size.
- Shredder Piñata – These are his favorite thing in the whole wide world. I buy multiples at a time so we don’t run out.
- Hanging Foraging Puzzle – He likes any kind of foraging toy that has treats inside
- Triangle Teaser Chew Toy – This wood is not too hard, not too soft, and it breaks off in a way Stewie finds very satisfying
- Dehydrated Veggies – make sure your veggies have no salt added!
- Last, but certainly not least, Wayne’s Bottlebrush Play Gym
Every bird has its own peculiar likes and habits, so your mileage will vary, but for what it’s worth, these are my bird’s favorite toys and treats.
Originally published April 2008. Updated March 2020.