If you’re considering getting a parrot, are new to parrot ownership, or have some questions about improving your life with your bird, please start with our most popular blog posts:
- 5 Best Parrots for Families with Children
- How to Get a Parrot to Go Back Inside His Cage
- Establishing Dominance Over Your Parrot?
- Your Parrot Won’t Play with Toys?
- In Praise of Wayne’s Bottle Brush Gyms
- Allowing Birds On Your Shoulder — OK or Not?
- Clicker Training for Birds: My Parrot Training Bible
- Cost of Keeping a Parrot
- 3 Common Clicker Training Mistakes
I started this blog when I started my current journey of parrot companionship. Back in 2007, when I adopted my sun conure Stewie, I really didn’t know what I was getting myself into. Today, I’m heavily involved in my local parrot adoption and education non-profit, even teaching classes on aviculture and behavior training. I’ve blogged throughout much of that journey. At last count, I’ve published more than 200 blog articles. Some of them are just silly things, but I’ve also tried to focus on a lot of helpful info and tips. Please take a look around and HAVE FUN!