Welcome to my parrot blog, where I share insights with other and would-be parrot owners on ways to keep their pet birds happy. I'm not a professional trainer or avian expert; these are just my opinions, observations and insights based on my life with Stewie and Mika, and my efforts to do the very best for my birds. I also read voraciously and will share other cool stuff I find related to parrot ownership and training.
Enjoy the blog and please leave comments!
Disclosure: From time to time, I recommend books or products that I think are great. To support maintenance of this site, I may link to Amazon or other sites that pay me a small commission (at no cost to you!) if you decide to make a purchase.
I love the pictures of Mia! My White-cap is so bashful, he hides from the camera.
3.14 reasons why pis are awesome:
1. Their subtle coloring that can look drab upon first viewing but is unbelievably gorgeous when the light hits them.
2. That amazing scent that wafts from them when they are happy.
3. Their careful, thoughtful way of life (they really seem to think things through rather than act impulsively).
0.14. That scent again. I love it 🙂
Yes! 100% agreement on all of those points.
Bart’s mom: Bart doesn’t think his Pi siblings are awesome so I’ll comment.
1. They smell really good.
2. They’re not particularly demanding.
3. They can be very snuggly.
3.14. Those dark brown eyes!
Love the pionus! And I’m not the least bit prejudiced (says the companion of a lovely bronze-wing pionus).
4) The sweet posture they assume with their heads tilted down begging for head scratches.